Thursday, October 26, 2006

For your intellectual enjoyment

As a reminder to my visitors, this is my philosophy blog. I wrote for your intellectual enjoyment. Visitors are welcomed to participate. Just post your comment if you feel like posting. As Nike says, just do it!

What is intelligence? It was first coined in the earlier 20th century by the U.S military. They called it I. Q or Intelligence Quotient. This has since been taken for granted by the public. Is intelligence exclusive to human beings?

In my yesterday's article, I introduced the concept from signal to wisdom. Is there such a thing as pre-signal or beyond wisdom.

Any signal unknown or undetectable by the senses of man, I would prefer to classify them as pre-signal. Instinct may be a pre-signal. Is there any application for this concept. My experience is "always trust your instinct". You will be right more times than you are wrong. My observation is that woman can respond better to instinct than man.

Some animals can detect ultrasound waves and infra-red waves. Shark can smell blood 20 miles away. Some animals, eg cat can experiment with their ingested food. If its body detect something wrong with the food, the animal would regurgitate or throw them out. These adapted biological skills are lost in humans. I have observed that human neonates (less than 1 month old)can regurgitate feeds. These are not vomiting. They are usually physiological.

Is there anything beyond wisdom? Just like pre-signals, 'beyond wisdom' is unknown to man. Spiritual dimension is unknown to man. Religion attempts to answer these questions. Human beings are not willing to accept what is unknown. Adaptation is the closest answer. What about accepting that we do not know!

Tomorrow, I will write on "The Perfect Nature"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home