Monday, October 23, 2006

Work versus job-- interpretation and application

What is the difference between work and job. If I cannot delegate or there is very little that I can delegate, then it is a job. My mind would focus on the setting that I have a job.

Professionals and employees' work are jobs. Since I am doing a job, I would expect to be paid well.

In contrast, work is philosophical. It can mean anything. If the outcome of my work is either a win or a lose situation, my strategy should be able to handle these two scenarios:
1. Reward should be consistent with risk
2. There are more ways to lose than to win.

These help to keep my expectations realistic. Being realistic I have no problem of stamina in my job and work. In other words I am satisfied and enjoy my job and work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home